Thursday, January 31, 2008

IHop Pancakes with Pink Lady Apple's and Syrup



I used to work at IHop. I even wore that hidious outfit with the big puffy shoulders. I quit rather quickly...after being harrassed, left dimes by high school teenagers and told I had to work another shift because someone didn't show up. But they did have really good pancakes! This recipe was maybe the best pancake recipe that I have tried, although there is not a huge difference between pancake recipes to me. Maybe I will search for my favorite Elmer's buttermilk pancake recipe. The picture shows rather dark maybe a little burnt pancakes. They were still delicious. Does anyone know how to make the actual pancake cook all the way through without burning?

Here is the IHop recipe:
Nonstick Spray
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cooking oil
pinch of salt

Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Use a pan with a nonstick surface or apply a little nonstick spray.
In a blender or with a mixer, combine all of the remaining ingredients until smooth.
Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5-inch circles.
When the edges appear to harden, flip the pancakes. They should be light brown. Cook on the other side for same amount of time, until light brown.

No comments: